Monday, November 13, 2006

Progress

Visited Steve the fabricator today. The frame is almost ready. I confirmed I would fix the bell using a 16mm eye bolt from which the clapper would hang. As a temporary arrangement which might be all I ever do I will hang a chain from the eye bolt and link to a 60mm wrought iron ball. Steve had a suitable iron ball to which he will weld loops for the chain and a lanyard. The whole clapper arrangement will cost less than £5! A lot cheaper than a bespoke clapper which would be required if the bell was installed in a building for regular use. The frame is to be sent for black powder coating this week and should be ready for collection soon. Masonry drills and bolts for fixing to concrete paving have been acquired so I am ready for intallation when I get the call to collect.

No comments: